As part of our locksmith services, we can now offer a range of restricted locks. This is the best solution for homeowners / landlords / management for controlling access to keys.
A restricted (also called patented) cylinder lock is a lock with
a totally unique keyway and key. Meaning a regular key will not fit into the lock. Our restricted cylinder locks are patented until 2034 and have further trademark protection thereafter. This means no locksmith or key cutting service except Cuddihy Window and Door Services can copy or duplicate keys for our locks.
- Keys can only be cut for pre-appointed / designated person(s). Anyone else that presents with a restricted key to be cut will be refused.
- All our restricted cylinders are fire certified and are extremely robust and hardwearing. Designed and made in Germany.
- They are manufactured to the highest security levels in the industry. Which include anti-drill, anti-bump, anti-pick, and anti-pull protection. Anti-snap can also be added.
- Our restricted cylinders are 100% serviceable – any broken or damaged parts can be replaced. Cylinders can be re-pinned in the event that a key is lost.
- Our restricted locks can be keyed alike eg. Front door lock and back door lock open with the same key.
- Our restricted locks can also be master keyed. The perfect solution for schools, offices, b&bs, or landlords with multiple properties. For more information please click here.
The Private Security Authority is a government body set up to regulate the many sections of the security industry including burglar alarm installation, cash in transit vehicles and locksmiths. From the 1st of February 2017, any person who in the course of a business, trade or profession provides locksmith services including installing, opening, maintaining, repairing, or servicing of door and window locks, must have a PSA locksmith licence.